Conversion from Carbs and Distributor to EFI

 

Here I have showcased my conversion from carburetion and distributor based MSD ignition to a stand alone system.  This system is manufactured by Pantera EFI and marketed through Redline/Weber.  In addition to electronic fuel injection, this system utilizes an ignition coil per cylinder. 

If interested in this system or for more information, please contact Lance Nist at Pantera EFI, Phone number 949-250-1797 or e-mail him at panteraefi@lance.occoxmail.com 

Or one of these two gentlemen with Redline Weber: Eric at 1-800-333-9982 Ext. 7270, or Bud at 1-800-733-2277 Ext. 7242.

I am using a 61mm (2.400") throttle plate per cylinder!

At some point in the future, I may attempt to show the difference between race fuel, E-85 and straight ethanol.

Pictures

Here are some pics of the computer and connectors...

    

Here are some pics of the crank pulley, crank angle sensor and bracket...

              

Here are some pics of the throttle position sensor and modified throttle shaft...

        

Here are some pics of the cam sensor and temperature sensors...

        

Here are some pics of the first set of fuel injectors (I upgraded to 1300cc injectors), fuel pump, regulators and relay box...

        

Here are some pics of the coils and connectors...

        

Here are some pics of the new Magnecor 10mm spark plug wires...

  

Here is a pic of the distributor plug (made from an old distributor)...

  

Here are some pics of the 61mm throttle bodies that we built...  (We built two sets, just in case of a mess up!)

           

           

        

We modified the intake manifolds by adding more weld on top for enlarging from 58mm to 61mm.  We also installed the fuel injector bungs...

           

           

Here are some pictures looking through the fuel injector bungs...

  

We added a return line fitting to the tank...

     

Here is the fuel pump and new bracket...

  

Old fuel pump bracket removal and new bracket...

     

     

Here are the fuel rails...

        

Some more shots of the throttle bodies installed...

     

     

     

     

Experimental velocity stack extensions...

        

Air filters...

           

Starting to fit the nitrous back on the engine.  I have run two small "dry" stages until I can afford to spray more!  I upgraded the NOS distribution blocks with ones that flow a lot more equally, this will be run temporarily until I get the Wizards of NOS system.  (The only things holding me up on making the swap is time and money!)...

           

Trimmed the body in the engine compartment (3-8-2010) to make room for a little taller stacks and to possibly try the injectors up top.  Also, I am eventually going to be switching to Wizards of NOS and there will be some of their components mounted inside of the air cleaner housings.  Decided to trim a little more while I am at it (3-30-2010).  If I am in the position to "back halve" and lower the car someday, this will give me more clearance too...

           

           

     

6-14-11 Update:  Started tuning nitrous on dyno (Click here for more info!)

6-28-11 Update:  Transaxle upgraded and reinstalled....(Click here for more info!)

7-10-11 Update: Finally secured fuel injectors better...

     

Videos

Click here for a video of my crew chief installing one of the intakes!

Click here for a video of the engine running with the EFI!

Click here for a video of a dyno pull with the EFI!

Link

Click here for more info on the rest of the engine!