Transaxle upgrades for 2014

3-16-2014  I finished the transaxle and mounts and will install them next weekend..

Replaced 4.86 ring & pinion with 4.57.

Replaced stock 1/2 & 3/4 hubs with hardened hubs.

This is the 1/2 hub...

This is the 3/4 hub...

Replaced stock input shaft with Weddle 300m torsional input shaft to reduce shock load...

The new pilot bearing that will install in the flywheel since the input shaft snout is shorter.  (The stock one is in the crankshaft.)...

Modified the 1/2 gear selector rod to prevent bending in the end...

This is the modified hockey stick that I have had in the car for about 15 years...

This is where the nose cone was clearanced for the hockey stick gusset...

The nose cone was welded to make room for the above modification...

Do to some porosity in the above welds I had covered it with sealer.  I cleaned it all out and covered it with JB Weld...

Welded up throw out bearing shaft...

Reverse idler was clearanced (Blue area) due to the larger diameter 2nd gear...

The tool that we made years ago to help hold the pinion bearing nut socket from lifting while torquing it...

The finished transaxle waiting for installation...

Installed...

Redline ShockProof gear oil...